Sunday, June 8, 2014

I'm Back!!

I can't wait to see my team tomorrow... I'll greet them at the door!

This week we will be wrapping up a few things from Mrs. Higgs' time with us:

  • Math - finish Geometry, review the chapter, and take a test on Wednesday
  • Social Studies - finish our last lesson in Government on Rights and Responsibilities
  • Writing Workshop - finish up Historical Fiction - students will edit and revise their work Monday and Tuesday before publishing on Wednesday.  Some of this may come home for HW this week.
A few new things:
My scientists have been patiently awaiting our critters for their ecosystems.  I am hoping they arrive on Monday.  We will be making observations of them and how they interact with their surroundings.  

In Reading Workshop we will be spending a few intensive days on poetry.  We will be both reading it and writing it. 

Beginning on Wednesday we will play SURVIVOR!!! I have 4 parent volunteers for correcting.  I really need 8 so that it is not too much work for a few families.  Let me know if you are willing to help out!

See everyone soon! - Laurel


No comments:

Post a Comment